Frequently Asked Questions
DakotaFire Delivery Systems
- Can I mix different brands of gel?
- Absolutely not.
- Is the firefighting system effective for both structure protection and suppression?
- Does elevation, temperature or water quality affect the performance?
- No. DakotaFire’s system will perform reliably regardless of conditions.
- Is it necessary to clean out the gel line?
- No. The system is self-sealing and only requires monthly re-circulation.
- Can gel concentrate and water be pre-mixed in the tank?
- No. The gel concentrate and water must remain in separate lines until they are mixed in the nozzle at the end of the line. Pre-mixed gel will become too thick to spray and will block the system.
- How much does a system weight?
- Please refer to product specifications.
*Specifications and/or recommendations differ by gel manufacturers.